Saturday, July 14, 2012

Why Does choosing A Secondary insurance to Medicare Have to be so Complicated?

###Why Does choosing A Secondary insurance to Medicare Have to be so Complicated?###
Advertisements

Are you Medicare eligible? Did you think I am now on Medicare life is going to so straightforward from now on? Were you ready for the red tape and double talk you had to way straight through to find the right plan for you? If you have answered yes or no to any of these questions, read on.

Kaiser Hospital

I am an animated person. I categorically know more about medical guarnatee than most people. I have worked in medical Billing for over (15) years. I now have now entered into a zone of the unknown.

I have to choose a secondary guarnatee to my Medicare Part A. Part A is for hospital inpatient. The part I must pick is for my Medicare Part B. This is for all outpatient needs. Example: Doctors visits, outpatient surgery, ambulance, laboratory, x-ray, etc.

The group protection office person who signed me up for Medicare handed me a booklet with all you ever wanted to know about Medicare.

Medicare Part B was pages long and even with my insight of medical billing and guarnatee plans I was overwhelmed.

I now have started asking my house and friends who are on Medicare what plan they have chosen for their Part B or Part C which is a Hmo or Ppo.

Medicare Part C: This is a mixture of Medicare Part A and B = C

Ppo - beloved provider Organization: You can use doctors out of network but the cost will be higher.

I will tell you I have received answers. I think I have heard all the versions. My brother-in-law chose an advantage Ppo Plan because he received a Ywca free membership. He is networked straight through a Clinic close to his home and all his doctors are represented in this one building. He is very happy with his decision.
Example: He had an outpatient surgery and his out of pocket price was 0.00. This price was for his plan. It will be distinct for you. He also pays a .00 copay which each medical visit.

Hmo - health Maintenance Organization: You are in a network and use the doctor's and medical facilities in the contracted organization. You can not choose you own doctor.

I spoke to a friend and English is her second language. She went to her group protection appointment on her own. She decided on a Hmo Plan. She chose Kaiser since she had been with Kaiser for (20) years. She could keep her own doctors and her life will still be the same.

Medicare Part B:

I have been leaning towards Aarp they have (6) plans to choose from. I decided on the best plan they had which is more expensive than the Hmo or Ppo Plans. This plan agreeing to Aarp will cover all my medical expenses. I will never have to pay out of pocket. We will wait and see.

Thank you for reading my article. Please feel free to read my other articles on numerous subjects.

Copyright Linda E. Meckler 2007

Why Does choosing A Secondary insurance to Medicare Have to be so Complicated?


No comments:

Post a Comment